Erlang is getting too big

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Tue Oct 14 09:19:48 CEST 2003

--- Luke Gorrie <luke@REDACTED> wrote:
> Francesco Cesarini <francesco@REDACTED>
> writes:
>
> > Things such as List (In)Comprehensions are
> powerful if you know what
> > you are doing.
>
> Out of curiosity, what is it you don't like about
> list comprehensions?
> Just one more thing to learn, or do you think
> they're particularly
> confusing in practice even if you've read how they
> work?

List comprehensions are very handy if one learns to
use them. When they can be used, they are normally
clearer than the corresponding map/filter or explicit
function too. (There are some exceptions, e.g., when
the expression part gets messy.)

Often I use them for simple things, such as:

NewMod = {Mod, Exp, [ annotate_form(Form) || Form <-
Forms ], Misc}

One of the good additions to Erlang, IMHO.

Best,
Thomas