Jungerl changes: autoconf mods, gd1_drv driver

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Wed May 14 09:17:17 CEST 2003

Er, I haven't quite figured out if this is the best place to discuss
changes to stuff in the Jungerl collection
(http://jungerl.sourceforge.net/).  If you're not interested, don't
read any further.

I've made some changes to the autoconf scheme to make compilation of
everything on a Solaris platforms(*) error-free(**).  I'm quite new to
autoconf, so if my style is bad, please fix it.

I've added a new driver to Jungerl, gd1_drv.  It's a driver for libgd,
a C library for dynamic creation of PNG and JPEG images: line drawing,
polygons, text, and lots more.  (http://www.boutell.com/gd/) The
gd1_drv driver will not be compiled by default: you must follow the
directions in the CVSROOT/jungerl/lib/gd1_drv/README file in order to
compile it.

I made additional autoconf changes to support compiling gd1_drv.  I
don't *think* I broke anything.  Please contact me immediately if I
did.

-Scott

(*) I confess that I've only tested under Solaris 8 x86, but the
changes are probably applicable to all releases of Solaris.  (Er,
releases still in use.  Solaris 1.x doesn't count.  :-)

(**) The changes only ensure clean compilation.  I haven't actually
tested the executables to see if they actually work.