Remote connect problems.

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Tue Mar 11 08:42:09 CET 2003

A first step is to try the whole experiment with two nodes on the
same linux machine. I.e. start two xterms. In one:

   matthias >erl -sname hokus -setcookie nocookie
   Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.1.2 [source]
  (hokus@REDACTED)1>

and in the other

   matthias >erl -sname pokus -setcookie nocookie
   Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.1.2 [source]
   (pokus@REDACTED)1> net:ping(hokus@REDACTED).
   pong

Note the 'pong'. A next step could be to use numeric host-ids, i.e. on
linux:

   erl -name 'hokus@REDACTED' -setcookie nocookie

and on windows

   erl -name 'pokus@REDACTED' -setcookie nocookie
   (pokus@REDACTED)1> net:ping('hokus@REDACTED').
   pong

Note the '-name' instead of '-sname'. Let the list know how it
goes. And next time you report a problem, please include a cut and
paste of what you actually did, my ESP isn't what it used to be.

Matthias