behaviours

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Jul 29 15:34:02 CEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Carlsson" <richardc@REDACTED>
> It seems to me that the distinction you're trying to make is between
> interfaces (i.e., behaviours - they *are* the same) and what is usually
> known as mixin classes (a form of multiple inheritance of
> implementations).

Since I think it is me that pushed the discussion in this direction, I will also
answer.

You are partly right. I am somewhat confused about the terms, but I hope now I
managed to clear up my thoughts.

Interface = specification of exported functions for a module

Behaviour = specification of callback functions that are used together with a
generic "main loop" to define the functionality of a process (today the main
loop is in gen.erl)

That's how I would like to see things, and then there is a difference between
the two. Does it make sense?

regards,
Vlad