Contribution to the record- and write-your-own-guards debates

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Sat Jul 12 08:43:16 CEST 2003

> There is one thing I have been missing in the ongoing debate of
> replacing/complementing records with a new and "better" construct.
> This may be because most people find it too obvious to mention. I
> think it's worth mentioning.

Joe Armstrong has some excellent ideas for dynamic records that fit
excellently into the language, pretty syntax, and from what I
understood, no hidden ugly side effects. It is exactly what you (And
many others) are asking for. When we send our wish list to Father Xmas,
we should all CC Joe.

> To me what makes records great (I think they are) is that they can be
> inserted into ETS and DETS tables.

And be able to use them from the shell, and support in the debugging
tools....

Regards,
Francesco
--