Please test snapshots of the coming R9C

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Fri Jul 11 11:00:22 CEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kent Boortz" <kent@REDACTED>
> I was not clear, the resulting binary is a true windows application,
> not a Cygwin application. The cygwin DLL is not used in by the
> resulting Erlang application.
>
> Adding support for using mingw32 instead of Visual C++ is a task for
> the Erlang OpenSource community I think ;-)

Hi,

I've just returned from the first half of my vacation and to my delight I
found the R9C snapshots... Great!!! Too bad I am leaving again tomorrow...

One question: is VC++ needed only for werl.exe? I hope so.

One problem: the latest snapshot otp_src_P9C_2003-07-11.tar.gz gives errors
in cygwin when unpacking

Vlad@REDACTED ~/Mina dokument/projects
$ tar xfv otp_src_P9C_2003-07-11.tar
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

Vlad@REDACTED ~/Mina dokument/projects
$ tar xfz otp_src_P9C_2003-07-11.tar.gz
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive