Please test snapshots of the coming R9C

Joachim Durchholz joachim.durchholz@REDACTED
Thu Jul 10 23:32:20 CEST 2003

Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom wrote:
> If they would check in their stuff into cvs and
> make that available, they would get all that and
> more for free (e.g. cvsweb).
>
> Hint, hint!

Forget it - as noted by somebody earlier, Ericsson is already using a
version management system, and it's not CVS. (And don't try to persuade
them to convert to CVS - large companies aren't going to reverse
decisions just because some outsiders would like things different.)

Anyway, there's one thing that I'd like to see, and that should not
place an undue burden on the Erlang team at Ericsson:
Somebody (maybe at Ericsson, maybe elsewhere) sets up a CVS server,
providing read access for everybody, write access just for the Erlang  team.
Whenever a new revision of Open Source Erlang is ready, the  Erlang team
creates a clean source tree (just like for the tarball), then checks it
in with the CVS server.
This will not preserve the revision tags, but it will allow people to
see what has changed, and it will allow them to do incremental updates.

Just a proposal :-)

Regards,
Jo