what versions of windows does erlang run on?

Joachim Durchholz joachim.durchholz@REDACTED
Tue Jul 8 00:59:34 CEST 2003

Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom wrote:
> To my surprise the code developed under FreeBSD did not work under Windows 2000,
> I can only guess what the reason is, I had no time to investigate yet.
> Perhaps some problem with Unix \n vs DOS \r\n translation?

This depends heavily on the way your software is digesting (resp.
writing) lines.
The best way to avoid this kind of problem is installing Cygwin. (That's
a Posix/Unix emulation layer for Windows. Not very fast, since it must
emulate tons of things that don't quite work the same way under Windows,
but the fastes porting path from Unixoid to Windowsish worlds.)

> To identify problems, one would need some test suite, is there
> an open source one?

I would be interested to read where exactly your code failed.
I.e. the place where program data didn't match your expectations.

Regards,
Jo