{error,sticky_directory}

steve@shrogers.com shrogers@REDACTED
Fri Jan 31 19:01:56 CET 2003

Vance:

It was obvious to me that the the error message should mean something, but that I needed a magic decoder ring.  Is there such a thing?  I couldn't find much in the rather extensive documentation available for download.

I suspect that the error messages are crystal clear to those who really understand Erlang.  The rest of us need that magic decoder ring.

Rgds,
Steve
-------Original Message-------
From: Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED>
Sent: 01/31/03 03:19 PM
To: steve@REDACTED
Subject: Re: Re: {error,sticky_directory}

> Steve,

Too many people did as you did and compiled a test program which
clobbered the stdlib and which was needed for the correct operation
of the system causing it to crash.  This caused much confusion.

The trouble I have/had with Erlang is in the error messages not
being all that enlightening.  At first it seems down right meaningless
until you get into it more.

   	-Vance