A Joeish Erlang distribution

Bjarne Däcker bjarne@REDACTED
Tue Jan 28 10:44:31 CET 2003

Hello
Kenneth Lundin wrote:

  Hi all,
  Here are some comments from the Erlang/OTP Product Manager at Ericsson.

  1) We have plans to divide the Erlang/OTP distribution into s number of
  separate packages. Preliminary we are thinking of 3 packages:
  - Core package (erts,kernel,stdlib,sasl,mnesia,os_mon,inets,compiler,..)
  - Tools&Utilities (parse_tools, tools, debugger, observer, et, tv, ...
  - Telecom/protocols (snmp, asn1, orber, megaco, ...

  The exact contents is not settled yet.
  When this happens is not decided either but an optimistic guess is
  before the end of 2003.

Do you think that further such
packages could be developed
by people outside the Erlang/OTP