site-erlang hack

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Tue Jan 28 10:04:57 CET 2003

On 28 Jan 2003, Luke Gorrie wrote:

> But in the cold light of evening it looks pretty low tech compared
> with namespaces from a hierarchical packaging system. What's the
> status of that now?

The packages (hierarchical module namespace) are in R9, "for
evaluation" - but so far, nobody has reported any experiences at all,
so please do try it out. The following page is the only documentation
so far:
	http://www.erlang.se/publications/packages.html

(Can also be found from the "Release highlights" chapter of the R9
documentation. Don't ask me why this page ended up where it did.)

Packages are really easy to learn and use - go ahead and make my day!
Try a small project first and see if you want to use it for larger
things.

	/Richard

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson@REDACTED	WWW: http://user.it.uu.se/~richardc/