No subject

Roger roger@REDACTED
Sun Jan 19 00:58:55 CET 2003

I had asked this on comp.lang.functional, and Ulf kindly pointed me to this email list. I have a problem getting distributed erlang working on my home network.  I think I may be missing a step.

Step 1:

start epmd on both machines, Server and Client

% ./epmd -d -daemon
% ./epmd -names
epmd: up and running on port 4369 with data:
%

Start erl on Server:

% erl -sname Server -setcookie ABC

Start erl on Client

% erl -sname Client -setcookie ABC

Check epmd:
% ./epmd -names
epmd: up and running on port 4369 with data:
name Server at port 54143

I then compile the bank_client and bank_server erl examples. This works on the same local machine, but I cannot get it to work with the client running on one, and the server on another machine.

Any ideas ?

Thanks, -Roger