BSD (way off topic)

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Wed Feb 26 21:15:09 CET 2003

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 04:04 PM, Matthias Lang wrote:

 > (Why is BSD not on my lists? It's not on the first list because BSD
 > did not have IDE support in February 1993. It's not on the second list
 > because BSD has not been ported to the PPC860.)

I started wondering "at what point did BSD introduce IDE
support?". Both the NetBSD 0.8 (April 1993) and the 386BSD 0.0 (March
1992) releases claim IDE support, so maybe my memory's playing tricks
on me. 386BSD 0.0 does say that the distribution is made for a
machine with a 387 coprocessor, which I didn't have.

Anyway, this is way offtopic, I just wanted to set the record straight.

Matthias