Erlang vs Linux

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Wed Feb 26 17:08:47 CET 2003

Unfortunately success isn't based on merits.  If it were FreeBSD
would have been the Opensource OS which was widely adopted and not
Linux.  Linux may be comparable now, better in some respects I'm
sure, but in the early 90s it was still embryonic while FreeBSD was
a solid performer.

We all know Erlang is a much better solution for most problem
domains than Java or C++.  The popularity contest won't however be
won based on merits.  Maybe we need a celebrity sponsor. :)

	-Vance