Banned Erlang

Daniel Dudley daniel.dudley@REDACTED
Tue Feb 25 20:08:36 CET 2003

Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom wrote:

> > And my totally unbiased opinion about UML is that it is
> > inherently unsuitable for *any* programming. Yet another
>
> My problem with UML is that it is used by too many folks
> in the sense of this equation
>
>    "software engineering = using UML tools"

Yeah, probably attributed to strong marketing forces.
There's a lot of gullible people out there, right?

For those that may be interested (incl. the "gullibles"),
The Guide to the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge
(SWEBOK) http://www.swebok.org is worth reading and IMHO
should be a handout at all "comp" faculties.

Cheers,
Daniel