GUI & ex11

Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW) Vlad.Dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Feb 25 15:12:11 CET 2003

I haven't been thinking much about the Next Step (pun intended :-)

I want to concentrate on the X protocol with an Erlang binding. This will avoid implementing any drivers ;-) I have browsed a little through the available extensions, and what I think might be interesting next is GLX, the OpenGL extension. But Xft / Xrender are too.

My position for the moment is: Is it a wire protocol? Then it's just a matter of coding/decoding it. Are there any client libraries involved? Not for me, not now, but anybody is welcome to help. (Also for the protocol coding, of course! :-)

regards,
Vlad