In gen_event, what functional diff does it makes for gen_event:notify & gen_event:call

Suresh S sureshsaragadam@REDACTED
Thu Feb 20 13:37:26 CET 2003

Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Suresh S wrote:

> >how do we relate handlers and events ? i mean when
> >request is made or an event is notified how does
> the
> >handler knows to handle particular event or call,
> both in
> >case of gen_even:notify and gen_event:call.

in case of gen_event call relavent handle_call is
called.
gen_event:call(EntMgr, Handler, Req) -->
M:handle_event(Req, S)

here Handler = {M, Id}
Id can be anatom (i.e) Name of the event?

How does this Handler is passed to this callback
function handle_event
(i.e how does an event with {M, Id } is called)

Thanking u

suresh s