In gen_event, what functional diff does it makes for gen_event:notify & gen_event:call

Suresh S sureshsaragadam@REDACTED
Thu Feb 20 12:01:17 CET 2003

Hi,

I have few doubts in gen_event, like

What is the need  for gen_event:call when we have
gen_event:notify ?
what for  gen_event:call when purpose is solved with
gen_event:notify ?

how do we relate handlers and events ? i mean  when a
request is made or an event is notified how does the
handler knows to handle particular event or call,
both in case of gen_even:notify and gen_event:call.

Thanks in advance for ur time.

regards
suresh s