Musings on an Erlang GUI System.

Niclas Eklund Niclas.Eklund@REDACTED
Wed Feb 19 18:31:01 CET 2003

Hello!

Orber comes with a simple, but rather boring, example (Stack). The
latest User's Guide describe how to implement a DB API step-by-step:

http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9b/lib/orber-3.3/doc/html/ch_idl_to_erlang_mapping.html#6

How to write a Java-client is described in:

http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9b/lib/orber-3.3/doc/html/ch_example.html#9.1.5

It's true that older OMG specifications didn't support an easy way to
connect other ORB's (e.g. NameService). But Orber users have been able to
do that for years by using InitialReference (Java/C++), which is also
included.

But 'corbaloc' and 'corbaname' should be used (unless your "other" ORB
doesn't support this):
http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9b/lib/orber-3.3/doc/html/ch_naming_service.html#7.3

Example:
erl> NS = corba:string_to_object("corbaloc::1.0@REDACTED:4001/NameService").

See also chapter 5.2 - Configuration (User's Guide) how to use ORBInitRef
and ORBDefaultInitRef.

If you want I can implement the example and post it.

/Niclas