Musings on an Erlang GUI System.

Joe Armstrong joe@REDACTED
Mon Feb 17 15:42:06 CET 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Niclas Eklund wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Is it complex to use CORBA? Let's compare a gen_server and CORBA
> implementation.

... nice example cut ...

  I can  accept that CORBA might  be easy to use  (your example showed
that) but because it is easy to  use does not mean to say that what is
hidden is in itself  simple - since I am a fan  of simplicity - I like
opening the code and poking around - my origonal point was in favor of
simple easily  understandable uniform  transport formats at  the lower
level  -  (like  lisp S  expressions)  -  IMHO  this would  just  make
everybodies life so much easier.

  /Joe