Core dump using HiPE (possibly my fault ;-))

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Tue Feb 11 16:33:20 CET 2003

I've found the bug.

It has to do with the "heap fragments" that the emulator allocates
in situations when more heap memory is needed but a standard garbage
collection cannot be performed (mainly in BIFs).

In R9B, the heap fragments gets a size proportional to the minimum
heap size of the process, and they are not re-used (in most cases).

Therefore, until this problem is fixed, setting a huge minimum heap size
is not recommended.

/Bjorn

--
Björn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
bjorn@REDACTED      ÄT2/UAB/F/P