Embedded Erlang

Jay Nelson jay@REDACTED
Wed Feb 5 07:47:13 CET 2003

 > I'm looking for a language which lends itself naturally to a highly
 > distributed environment (lots of little networked devices running
 > uclinux and about 8-meg of ram, no mmu, of which I'd probably get 1-2
 > meg).

While on the subject, I've wondered if erlang runs on uclinux.
My understanding is the lack of mmu means uclinux replaces
the vfork call with a blocking fork (or something like that).

Has anyone run erlang under uclinux?  Does it still exhibit
similar process creation / communication performance?

jay