Erlang projects association

Thierry Mallard thierry@REDACTED
Tue Feb 4 13:46:02 CET 2003

Quoting "Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW)" <Vlad.Dumitrescu@REDACTED>:

> > I hope the infrastructure we are going to set up is going to have the
> > same effect on Erlang development.
> > And please do not read the following as buzzwords, but as
> > something that
> > I feel: The association is not intended to have a central and
> > unique way
> > to see the Erlang world, but as a facilitator to make things happens.
>
> I think it is a good idea. Just one question, for now: why not use
> www.erlang.org? Does Ericsson own the domain and the site?

Erlang.org is a reference website dedicated the language itself.

Our purpose is to be something like a "Erlang dedicated sourceforge",
among other things.

In the end, we may very well imagine a fusion of those two websites,
but to start quickly, we'd prefer to work on a separate one.

> It might be a little confusing with both erlang.org and
> erlang-projects.org...

As long as we clearly state what erlang.org and erlang-projects.org
should do, and if we provide the links between thoses sites, then
it should be clear enought... hopefully ! ;-)

erlang.org : the language itself (documentation, downloads, ...)
erlang-projects.org : task groups and projects using Erlang

Thanks for your feedback  :)

--
Thierry Mallard
http://vawis.net