SV: gif-1.0.tgz ??

Peter Lund peter@REDACTED
Mon Feb 3 10:12:34 CET 2003

Gif seemed good since I was planning to present generated, few colour,
pictures, via an erlang inets server. Both IE6 and NS7 support png
pictures as well, so png would do as well as gif, for my purposes.

I see on http://www.boutell.com/gd/ that gd does NOT support gifs
anymore since LZW compression is patented by Unisys.

To run gif-1.0.tgz, I had to find and download GCC and Make support
and then get this to work in my environment. Nicer (for Erlang/OTP)
would have been if graphics for the web could be generated just using
Erlang/OTP. Good would also have been if it would be possible to
import a picture (gif,png,...), make modifications on it and then
publish it. Now you have to start drawing the picture from scratch.

Thanks,
Peter