warn_unused_vars

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Sat Feb 1 13:41:52 CET 2003

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 01:57:33AM +0100, Happi wrote:
> I think Richard C. or Björn G. can explain this better...
> ... but I'll give it a try, and they can fill in the blanks
> and correct my errors.
>

> The problem comes from the order in which things are done
> in the compiler.
>
> The compile options in the file are not parsed until
> after the linter is executed -- hence the linter
> will not see the warn_unused_vars flag.
>
> To get around this problem I have set
> ERL_COMPILER_OPTIONS
> '[warn_unused_vars,nowarn_shadow_vars]'
> in my unix-shell.

Excellent, I've had problems with this as well but
never had the energy to investigate.

Furthermore, I warmly recommend the readers of this
list to start using these warn messages from the compiler.
It has saved me lots of boring debugging work.

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
Alteon WebSystems                     -- everything is under control