OTP vs. non-OTP (was: A Joeish Erlang distribution (long))

Helmut Heinze Helmut.Heinze@REDACTED
Sat Feb 1 01:48:07 CET 2003

Dear Erlang/OTP experts,

working in a completely different field (model-based 'theory of social
systems') and developing an IT-based modelling framework that
implements among other things an online CMS, I have taken to the 'T'
in OTP as an extremely versatile metaphor for general, machine-aided
social (tele-)communication of _any_ kind.

After years of tinkering in C++ and Java and a bit of Lisp I switched
to Erlang, with an increasing emphasis on OTP and its design
principles -- and now it seems that I am slowly getting somewhere.
The rigid, well-documented OTP framework has proven to be most helpful.

Thanks to all on this list for the extremely professional and
insightful discussions, it taught me OTP in the past 2 years.

Helmut

--
Dr. Helmut Heinze
School of Languages, Cultures & Linguistics

Phone: +61 (3) 9905 8391
FAX:   +61 (3) 9905 5251