Small poll

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Dec 24 21:44:39 CET 2003

On 17 Dec 2003 21:31:39 +0100, Luke Gorrie <luke@REDACTED> wrote:

> I really want it as a way to write a who_calls(M,F,A)->[{M,F,A}]
> function that could be used by Emacs for a "reverse tags lookup".
> who_calls would expect all relevant modules to be loaded and do a fold
> over them to find all callers. Then I can present the results in a
> "hyperlinked" buffer and save myself a lot of grep'ery.

CCviewer does this, and also who_uses_record(R) and who_uses_macro(M).
It keeps a RAM database which is incrementally updated as it discovers
that source modules have changed. There are some built-in analyses
that can be used through the web interface, like finding cyclical
dependencies between modules (or functions), and listing all users
of a particular application.

I've been meaning to provide an API other than the web interface to
facilitate static analysis on the fly, perhaps from Distel. What's
been stopping me is that my maintenance effort for CCviewer is ~0
right now, and that suits me just fine. So unless someone really
wants to start using it and doing weird and wonderful stuff with it,
it stays the way it is.

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger