Distel, the other way around

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed Dec 17 11:26:43 CET 2003

Hi,

From: "Joachim Durchholz" <joachim.durchholz@REDACTED>
> Urk. Emacs, while certainly powerful, is pretty much unusable to the
> average Windows programmer. If you want to lose all market share of
> Erlang on the Windows platform, make this the standard interface.

Doesn't need to be the standard interface. Not even necessarily used as an IDE -
but as an output media, or a GUI.

Using directly all Lisp functions in the way I proposed before could work, but
of course one would need to be an Emacs hacker to build something nice. For
simple use, a simpler API would probably be enough.

> Or, if integration with Emacs is a must, add integration with other IDEs
> at the same time (MS Visual Studio comes to mind, and this Borland
> thingie that I forgot the name of). And keep these integrations
> up-do-date - it's no use if the initial release supports all kinds of
> IDE, and all but one are left unmaintained after that.

There is an ongoing effort to make an Eclipse plugin, which I suppose would be
good enough (it's portable and the Java node functionality is better than the
EmacsLisp one)

regards,
Vlad

p.s. The Borland thingie - you mean BuilderX? If yes, I'm not sure if one can
use it for non-C++ projects.