gen_server

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed Dec 17 08:32:12 CET 2003

From: "Valentin" <valentin@REDACTED>
> I do this a lot, but I think it would be a bad idea to make this a part of
> existing gen_server (imagine how many ets tables can be created this way),
> instead, why not make a completely new behaviour that incorporates this
> functionality (i.e. gen_spawner, that is gen_server with a twist).

Oh, yes, of course. I was not meaning to use ets tables always, this part should
be customizable. By default, we would get the normal gen_server, so that nothing
is broken.

I don't think there is a need for a new behaviour, because they look exactly the
same to the client, who doesn't care about the implementation.

regards
/Vlad