english version of new erlang book?

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Sun Aug 31 14:21:03 CEST 2003

Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom <Marc.Vanwoerkom@REDACTED>:

> >   for those of us in the
> >   cultural backwaters of the US, are there any plans
> >   for an english version?
>
> I am sure the author will respond to this himself soon :)
>
> Note that computer French is simpler than normal
> French, add the nice graphics plus code snippets
> which help understanding
> and your school french should be ok, at least it
> worked for me.

Yes. I think it could be usefull even if you know very little french.
However, I am trying hard to make the english translation happens. I already
have a volunteer for the english translation and many, many request for an
English version. What I need is now an English or American editor willing to
publish the book. This is the last needed step.

The English version will have some errata added to the book and maybe some new
chapters, as I am still working on the text to improve it and keep it up to
date. So do not hesitate to send me remarks and request for new topics so that I
can have your feedback for the English version if it is to be published.

Of course, I will keep you informed through the Erlang mailing list.

Thank you for your feedback.

--
Mickaël Rémond