Is it safe to use driver_event()?

Raimo Niskanen raimo.niskanen@REDACTED
Mon Aug 25 14:26:08 CEST 2003

Hi Vance.

I introduced driver_event because I needed it, and tried to make it
sufficiently generic. It may change in the future, but not much more
than the other driver interface functions. Its only problem is that it
is new, and someone may point out that it should have been generic in
some other way.

But, whe do not intend to change it or remove it since it is needed for
some of our odd drivers that also depend on poll(). And we will always
try to use poll() in favour of select() (until something better turns up).

So, fully implemented? For now, at least, and as always we will try to
make changes backwards compatible (to not break our own drivers).