Is it safe to use driver_event()?

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Sun Aug 17 01:36:47 CEST 2003

I'm building a dynamically linked in driver and I really need to
have the poll() version of driver_select() because my file handles
are used with STREAMS and I need to maintain the extra data which
poll() handles.

I was happy to find the existance of the driver_event() function
which does exactly what I need:

EXTERN int driver_event(ErlDrvPort port, ErlDrvEvent event,
         ErlDrvEventData event_data);

... and the associated callback:

void (*event)(ErlDrvData drv_data, ErlDrvEvent event,
        ErlDrvEventData event_data);
                                /* Called when an event selected by
                                   driver_event() has occurred */

It is however not documented, and of even more concern, not used
anywhere.

Is this feature considered fully implemented?  How much trouble
am I asking for if I use it?

	-Vance