Erlang on OS X

Dave McMahon TriumphX75@REDACTED
Fri Aug 22 03:25:57 CEST 2003

I have only recently discovered Erlang, thanks to my interest in 3D
modelling and my wish to use Wings3D, which uses Erlang. Both Erlang
and Wings3D seem to work fine on my setup (from minimal testing) with
one slight problem. It takes almost 30 minutes for the program to start
up.

I originally discovered this thanks to a phone call when trying to
start up Wings3D.

I'm using an iMac DVSE (400MHz G3, 640Mb OS X 10.2.6)

When I run the Wings3D loader it hands off to beam, which then takes
about 30 minutes to actually display anything on screen. I downloaded
the precompiled version of Erlang/OTP and found that when I run erl
from the terminal, it's a similar story. It seems to work, eventually.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dave McMahon