getting erl_interface C program to reply to net_adm:ping/1

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Mon Aug 4 15:08:36 CEST 2003

Hi Gurus,

I'm locking horns with erl_interface C libraries, and so far I've
managed to get most thing to work, thanks to the excellent
documentation. But I've stumbled on net_adm:ping/1. I can receive the
{is_auth,NodeName} message, but since I don't know how to reply, the
pinging end never gets a 'pong' back and just dumbly sits there.

What is the appropriate answer to a 'ping', when using erl_interface?

Also, what is involved in making a 'C' node behave like a visible node
instead of a hidden one?

Pete.