zip, LZ77, etc.

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Wed Oct 23 12:38:39 CEST 2002

In addition, the file:open(Name, Options) allows you to passed the atom `compressed'
in the Options list to have files be compressed/uncompressed when written/read.
(Seems to be still undocumented in R9.)

If you are interested in compressing Erlang terms, it can be done like this:

term_to_binary(Term, [compressed]).

(Documented!)

binary_to_term/1 will automatically uncompress such a binary.

/Bjorn

--
Björn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
bjorn@REDACTED      ÄT2/UAB/F/P