Redhat 8.0

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Mon Oct 21 10:39:43 CEST 2002

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 07:51:35PM +0200, Kristoffer Andersson wrote:
> Hi Martin!
>
> Don't now if this is any help to you, but this is what I did to get R9
> to work on RH8.
>
> The problem I had with building R9 or R8B-2 on RH8 was the
> Unicode(UTF-8) stuff, or at least I think that was the problem.

There's a tremendous amount of software which doesn't
work as expected (or rather as it used to do) due to this
pretty radical change in rh8.0

I reverted to the old way alltogether in rh8.0

# cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="en_US.iso885915"
SUPPORTED="en_US.iso885915:en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en:sv_SE.UTF-8:sv_SE:sv"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
Alteon WebSystems                     -- everything is under control