state doubts

Enric Jaen enricjaen@REDACTED
Sun Nov 3 21:50:53 CET 2002

Dear all,
I am newbie in Erlang. I have two doubts I would like
to clarify:

*The state travels in every function call as a
parameter.  Isn't this a cause of performance
degradation when the state has a big size?

*AFAIK, Erlang is not multithreaded. But, is there any
example of a program implementing a barrier
synchronization pattern? That is, a situation where
several processes want to access to the same state at
the same time and a server  must synchronize the
access to this state?

Cheers,
 -Enric