Building R8B-1 on Windows

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Thu May 16 10:39:52 CEST 2002

Hello again,

As a Windows user, I don't have to compile OTP, which is a blessing. But I
thought I'd try last night, just to test some stuff. The result was not
good, and I hope someone can provide some help...

- I am using the latest Cygwin 1.3.10 on Windows XP Home
- First I got the already noted problem with configure, hanging at "checking
for unreliable floating point".
- Removing that part gets us to the next step, make, that complains about an
identifier while building the erts op table. Sorry, I thought I'd remember
the exact error, but I don't.

This is as far as I got before falling asleep. Is it a known problem? What
should I do?

A related question: is it true that dynamic drivers must be compiled with
the same compiler as the Erts?

thanks in advance. best regards,
Vlad