Suggestions for this mailing list

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Thu Jun 13 00:09:57 CEST 2002

On 31 May 2002 13:30:34 GMT
Gordon Beaton <not@REDACTED> wrote:

> [ do not send me private copies of your followups ]

You know what?  I think the software running this mailing list should be
rewritten in 100% Erlang and should set the Reply-To header correctly
(i.e. to erlang-questions@REDACTED) and should filter spam (i.e.
disallow any address that isn't subscribed to the mailing list from
posting to it.)

Then we could stop relying on 'Reply to All' and stop getting annoying
duplicates and stop wasting precious bandwidth.

I'm flexible on the "rewritten in 100% Erlang" bit if majordomo can be
coaxed into doing those things anyway.  :)

It might also be nice to have the web archives conceal the e-mail
addresses of the posters.  Eventually the SPAM robots *will* harvest them
and make our lives hell...

Just my two Zorkmids,
-Chris