Erlang killer app?,

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Mon Jul 29 22:58:54 CEST 2002

>     - better support under Emacs, integrating
> syntax_tools, igor, distel.
> Even better, Ermacs! (and it wouldn't hurt if Ermacs
> would work for Windows
> too)

I am about 3/4s of the way through writing an Erlang
support plugin for Eclipse. I am porting an existing
plugin from another langauge so the initial release
will just include what was already available in the
initial plugin. Basically, an Erlang perspective, an
outliner, syntax-highlighting, an embedded shell, and
a compilation process. I expect to release a beta by
the end of the week. I would love to do a debugger but
I don't think I have a good enough understanding of
the guts of the Erlang vm to do that. Also there are
probably a bunch of other things that would be nice.
What I am hoping happens is that after the release I
get some suggestions for enhancements.