HP-UX 11 ?

Mikael Pettersson mikpe@REDACTED
Fri Jul 12 15:33:08 CEST 2002

Bruce Fitzsimons writes:
 > > Is anyone running OTP R8B1 under HP-UX 11 ?
 > > beam/beam_load.c(1357): Error loading module otp_ring0: op
 > > i_func_info u a a
 > > u:
 > >   no specific operation found
 > > Failed loading preloaded module otp_ring0
 > > gmake[3]: *** [../ebin/beam_lib.beam] IOT trap (core dumped)
 >
 > This is on a PA-RISC 2.0 64 bit cpu, but running in 32bit mode on HPUX 11.0.
 > It is running as big-endian (a la SPARC), and this is correctly identified.
 > Using gcc-3.0.4 and the hpux standard ld. I'm happy to post configure
 > output/files and do more investigation on request.

Try adding a #define NO_JUMP_TABLE near the start of erts/emulator/beam/beam_load.h.
My recollection of HP-(s)UX is that gcc computed gotos have serious problems,
and maybe only work if gcc is configured to use GNU as and ld.

(Function pointers also suck on HP-(s)UX due to their segmented memory model.)

/Mikael