HP-UX 11 ?

Bruce Fitzsimons Bruce@REDACTED
Fri Jul 12 01:32:56 CEST 2002

People,

> Is anyone running OTP R8B1 under HP-UX 11 ?
Pers help), and I have run across the following problems:

1. finite() is not defined under hpux11 (isfinite() macro is) but this is
not detected automatically...I haven't searched to see why yet. Putting

#define USE_ISINF_ISNAN
into otp_src_R8B-1/erts/hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00/config.h allows it to build.

2. After this is fixed it builds the C code okay, but the built code gives
the error

> erlc -W  -bbeam  +debug_info -I../include -I../../kernel/include
> -o../ebin
> beam_lib.erl
> beam/beam_load.c(1357): Error loading module otp_ring0: op
> i_func_info u a a
> u:
>   no specific operation found
> Failed loading preloaded module otp_ring0
> gmake[3]: *** [../ebin/beam_lib.beam] IOT trap (core dumped)

This is on a PA-RISC 2.0 64 bit cpu, but running in 32bit mode on HPUX 11.0.
It is running as big-endian (a la SPARC), and this is correctly identified.
Using gcc-3.0.4 and the hpux standard ld. I'm happy to post configure
output/files and do more investigation on request.

The error is a mystery to me; it appears as though the opcodes inside a beam
file cannot be interpreted.

HPUX is a weird unix flavour, but given that it builds the c code I naively
expected the erlang stuff to work.

/Bruce