General protocol stack management

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Thu Feb 21 08:42:08 CET 2002

Thanks for all the pointers.

I have read Peter's and Markus' thesis and it was very enlightening. Just to
mention the realization of how many things I didn't have had thought of! :-)

My starting point was not as general, though - I was really thinking about
higher-level protocols that build on TCP or UDP. Thus many of the issues in
the paper aren't as relevant. The "model template" was Joe Armstrong's pico
and wiki applications, I really love the elegance of building the wiki upon
the pico_http_server upon the pico_socket_server. That is the kind of
architecture I am envisioning.

I realize that it won't be a carrier-class implementation, but I think it
will be enough for me at least. I will let you know when progress will be
made.

best regards,
Vlad