Beam file format questions.

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Aug 26 18:08:09 CEST 2002

Eric Merritt wrote:

 >  I am attempting to parse the beam files generated by
 > the erlang 8-2 compiler. My purpose here is to extract
 > a list of exported functions from the beam file. It is
 > proving a bit interesting, overall.
 >  I figured it should be pretty easy to parse, but I
 > ran into some difficulties.

For the purposes of the HiPE compiler, I've written a BEAM
disassembler that is generic and is ever since R8 included
in the Erlang/OTP distribution.  It can be used as:

	beam_disasm:file(FileName).

It does exactly what you are looking for, and can be a very good
starting point for reconstructing the Erlang source from the BEAM
file (as requested in some other thread).

Since I am the author of the "beam_disasm" module, please let me
know if extending its functionality is desirable.

Cheers,
Kostis.