http 1.1

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Fri Nov 9 16:37:13 CET 2001

Hi,

> Today the webserver in Erlang/OTP only
> supports HTTP/1.0, but it is under
> reconstruction to support HTTP/1.1.
>
> Most of the features in HTTP/1.1 is
> already implemented, but needs some more
> testing before release.
>
> The most interesting part might be
> the persistent connections that will
> reduce the work for the server.

This is excellent news. There's a new Erlang app we fancy having a go at
here but are held back for want of HTTP-1.1 support in Inets.

Any idea when there will be a release?

Also, the http client in the sowap application on sourceforge from Johan
Blom looks like a good start for a HTTP-1.1 client. It doesn't support
persistent connections but this probably wouldn't be too hard to add
(perhaps some http guru might help Johan out :).

Regards,
Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: