GUIs

Ingela Anderton ingela@REDACTED
Wed Mar 14 14:25:55 CET 2001

[..]
>and have the IDE (text editor) suggest possible completions?
[..]

In the IDE debate lots of people seem to want to have some kind of
tab-compleation on function names. Well I just want to say that emacs
has a form of tab-compleation that is very useful even if it is not
excatly what you described. If you start typing a word and then do
M-/ emacs will try to find a compleation for you word in any buffer
that you have open. If there is more than one possible compleation you
can loop through them by repeating the command. I use it all the time.

It would take a rellay advanced IDE before I ever trade away emacs.
I think IDE:s many times limits the way I work and causes a lot of
unnecessary mouse-clicking. No emacs and a unix-shell is the ideal
development environment too me, and of course some version handlig
program like cvs or clearcase.

--
/m.v.h Ingela

//The highway of life is always under construction. //

Ericsson Utvecklings AB             Phone :   +46 8 719 18 13
Open Systems (f.d. Erlang Systems)  Cellular/Mobile: +46 70 636 78 68
Torshamnsgatan 39 B
Box 1214                            http://www.erlang.se
S-164 28 KISTA, SWEDEN              ingela@REDACTED