GUIs

andy allen recycledelectrons@REDACTED
Wed Mar 14 13:56:12 CET 2001

Two thoughts on IDEs, from deep within the Ericsson trenches:

1. Is there a system available for Erlang that would allow me to start
typing a MFA -- module:function(args) -- and have the IDE (text editor)
suggest possible completions? In other words, Xemacs goes out and looks up
the possible completions based on the madule name and the colon that I
typed. As I enter the function name, I can also click on one of the
completion options. when I get to the arguments, a list of possible argument
lists pops up to help me out. Visual C++ does this in Visual Studio, and it
would be VERY usefull with some of the AXD301 programming I do. The only
questions are: a) does Xemacs support this? b) if so, how?

2. I am continually debugging "Internal Server Errors" in my AMS pages (a
proprietary Ericsson library for dynamic HTML generation in the AXD 301).
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to "draw" AMS pages, and have the code
generated automatically? It would save many man-months of labor here in
EUS/SA/B.

Andy Allen
andy@REDACTED
EUS/SA/BA