Inets in R7B-3

Miguel Barreiro Paz enano@REDACTED
Fri Jun 15 18:00:52 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I encoutered problems with the new Inets version.
> What I discovered is that the new directive:
> MaxHeaderSize and MaxBodySize are mandatory in the new inets config
> file.

	Well, it seems to work OK without them, but the default
MaxHeaderSize value is 256 bytes IIRC, so the default headers sent by
netscape for instance are far too long.

	I faced this same problem yesterday, after updating a machine to
R7B-3; netscape was unable to retrieve web pages, but links was.
Fortunately, tcpdump is your friend :)

> Would it be possible to set the two parameters above with a conservative
> default value if they are missing in the config file ?

	I second this.

Regards,

Miguel