Interesting benchmark performance (was RE: Pitiful benchmark perf ormance)

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Fri Jun 15 09:29:30 CEST 2001

This was interesting.

Erlang strikes me as more and more human.  ;)
I seem to function in the same way: when I have lots to do, I
become more efficient; when I have little to do, I become very
inefficient.

Seriously, Erlang *has been* highly optimized for the very type
of systems where there are lots of things going on at once. This
reflects on the I/O, for example, where Erlang tries to handle up
to hundreds of active I/O ports fairly, rather than handling only
one extremely well.

Perhaps for example the ETOS implementation could focus more
squarely on efficiently running applications with much less
concurrency? It seems to be very good at that already.

/Uffe

--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Senior System Architect                      mob: +46 70 519 81 95