Various (and almost completely unrelated) questions and opinions

Robert Virding rv@REDACTED
Tue Feb 20 12:52:45 CET 2001

Lon Willett <Lon.Willett@REDACTED> writes:
>And while on the topic of useful language extensions: has anyone
>implemented weak-reference ets tables?  (Actually, with weak-reference
>ets tables, one could write a lazy-evaluator that has almost
>reasonable performance, although I suspect that the memory usage
>characteristics would lead to a bit of thrashing).

That would be very difficult as ets tables do NOT share their data with
anything.  Each table creates a local copy of all data inserted in it
and on lookup data is copied back.

	Robert